Monday, June 11, 2007

Is it worth it?


Well I am ready to tell you about my recent endeavor.

I got involved in my most recent opportunity through a site called Project Payday. It explained that you would make money by doing those trials you see pop up all over the place.

Don't know what I am talking about? Okay, you know those sites that say "Get your free ipod here." Yes, I thought you did. Everybody has seen those sights and we usually steer clear of them, because we know that somehow we aren't going to get the ipod and on top of that, we are going to be giving out our credit cards. Not a fun prospect.

Well, this new job explained that people who really want that ipod will pay you to do their offers for them. In this particular case, a person signs up for the ipod and the trial, or whatever the company wants them to sign up for. Then the person has to refer, let say, 8 people to do the same thing in order to get their free ipod. So, these people get about 4 or 5 of their friends to do the offers for them, but they are 3 or 4 shy. So they post to these user groups in order to get someone to either trade them for other offers, or trade them for cash. The amount of money you make per trade depends on how much the offers are going to cost and how many you will have to do. Say for instance I need 1 credit for the ipod, so I go in and I have my choice of offers ranging from $1 into the hundreds and two hundreds. I, of course, choose the $1. That means that I will probably have to do 2-4 opportunities, because the $1 opportunities are usually the opportunities that only count for 1/4, 1/3, or 1/2 toward your credit. When all of your offers get approved and you have your full 1 credit then you are called "green." Which simply means that you get paid.

Payment goes directly to paypal (yes you have to have a paypal account.)

I went with the cash. I don't really want and Ipod, but there are a lot of people who get the free gifts and then put them on ebay and make a killing. Then there are people like me, who just want cash now and forget the rest. Well I got onto this forum I had been told to join and immediately started receiving requests for offers people wanted me to do for them. I quickly got into the swing of things. I signed up for and did my first one, but then I didn't turn green. I waited and waited and then got nervous and pm'd(personal message) the initiator of the trade.

She then told me that sometimes it takes a while. I was relieved and begain to accept other offers to trade. I made about $120 in my first two days. After that things began slowing down. Not only did I have a bunch of problems with my trials, trying to get them cancelled before the time, and getting charged if I didn't. I also was running out of offers to do, because you can't duplicate ANY site. It became a hassle.

Now I know that many people have made it doing this and at first the money was fantastic, but then what?

Well I will save that for the next post, but just so you know, there is another step.(smile)

After I give you all of the information, I will also give you the sites and forums you will need to start if thats what you choose to do.

If you have done this or are currently doing this please write us and let us know how you do it and what you think of it. We would all really love to know.

No comments: